P-Dubs!

P-Dubs, aka PW, aka Pure Wow (my personal favorite), aka Pioneer Woman came to Houston last Saturday. When I found out she was coming out with a cookbook I was on top of the world! I love this woman and anything she does seems to be a huge success so I was pretty pumped. I woke up bright and early that morning to assure prompt arrival to Lauren's house. All the boys were going "camping" which entailed them going to Austin, staying in a hotel downtown, and sitting at multiple bars until the wee hours of the morning. Not what I imagined when they said they were going camping, but it gave us girls a weekend of fun, so I'm good with it! Lauren and I left her house and made the trip to the book signing. It was held in a very unique location. Kind of like a little market for organic foods. Totally random for a book signing. We walked in and were told we needed a ticket in order to get her to sign our books. Kind of like a golden ticket I guess, except ours was lime green and it put us in 11th place! No bueno. There was approximately 20-25 people in each color group and we were color 11. Hmm, I immediately whipped out the iPhone and started calculating....25 people in each group x 1-2 minutes of chit chat x 11 groups = A LONG TIME! We were looking at anywhere from 4-6 hours. In line. For a book to get signed. Hmmph. We took a moment to pull ourselves together after PW talked and re-evaluated our priorities and shopping ranked #1. Sorry P-Dubs. :(






So we went on to our next adventure and hit up Highland Park to get some Christmas gifts bought. We had a complete blast. I bought/spent way too many/much ornaments at Crate and Barrel. Good thing for that separate account I still have or A would have killed me! Sorry honey :) It was the perfect day. So cool and crisp. Before we headed back home we stopped at PF Changs for a little afternoon cocktail to re-energize us for our night ahead of baking!



After sifting through the beautiful glossy pages of PW's book, we felt inspired to make something! I think the wine had a little something to do with our new found love of baking as well! We decided we'd attempt sugar cookies. How hard could they be, right? Boy were we wrong! The rolling of the dough, cutting out the shapes - especially when the dough you're rolling out is not 1/4" thick like the recipe says, *coughs*, Ski, *coughs* and don't even get me started on the icing part. "What were we thinking" crossed our minds a few times that night, but then we would have another sip of wine and just laugh. I have to tell you the funniest part of the night is when Lauren handed me her sugar jar and the sugar had somehow crystallized and hardened inside of the container! She then lets it slip that she's had this sugar since she got married....over 2 years ago!! I was dying! It was so funny watching her dig it out over the trash can. It was stuck in there good!



Cheese! I love you


Don't ever let me wear an apron over a cable knit sweater again. Thanks.


2 year old sugar!!

might be a little thinner than a 1/4" thick ;)

comfiness is key



Whoops, wine spillage. Now that was funny!

PW!!

When all was said and done, we had a pretty amazing weekend. Our cookies weren't the prettiest, but as Lauren said (about 50 times that night :)) "It's not how they look, it's how they taste."

Thank you Lauren for letting me stay with you!! I had the best time. And thank you boys for going on your "camping trip" so we could have a fun girls weekend :)

Also, head over to Ski's blog and check out her post and extra pics!!

Lauren  – (December 11, 2009 at 10:59 AM)  

HAHA I love it! This past weekend goes down in the books as one of the best ever! We'll have to continue the tradition next year :)

Who iced the PW?? I'm pretty sure a professional must have done that :)

Trez  – (December 11, 2009 at 11:13 AM)  

Looks like you had an awesome time!! Have a very merry CHristmas!!!

meredith  – (December 11, 2009 at 12:14 PM)  

this looks like so much fun!! i love highland village during the holidays, and crate & barrel is always dangerous!!!

i have to ask, where did you get those three glass canisters on your counter?? (they're filled with what looks like rice and beans maybe?) i have been looking everywhere for some i really like and haven't found any just right. i love those and since we're in the same city, hopefully i can find them!! hit me back on my blog, if you can - thanks! :)

Dollface  – (December 11, 2009 at 12:14 PM)  

This is amazing!! You have your own little bakeshop set up in your kitchen.. I cant wait to get all of those things I registered for, yay xxxooo

The Rest is Still Unwritten  – (December 11, 2009 at 12:50 PM)  

I love Highland village! Looks like you had a great time!

Unknown  – (December 14, 2009 at 11:35 AM)  

What a fun weekend! Those cookies do look delicious!

meredith  – (December 14, 2009 at 3:22 PM)  

i still haven't gone to hobby lobby yet! (they're closed on sundays - booo!) but i'm still coveting those canisters! and hopefully WHEN/if i get them, i'll post pics because that's how much i love them! :)

Tara Gibson  – (December 15, 2009 at 10:28 AM)  

looks like you had a great time! Look at all those shopping bags!

Pink Lace and Cupcakes  – (December 16, 2009 at 2:00 PM)  

Looks like you had an awesome weekend! Your cookies look adorable, and your couch looks similar to our with your shopping bags from Williams-Sonoma and Crate and Barrel (they are both less than a block from our condo & I come up with an excuse to go everyday!)

Left you a little something over at my place:)

http://pinklacecupcakes.blogspot.com/

LCPARSONS  – (December 17, 2009 at 9:41 AM)  

Looks like you all had a fun time! Read my post about PW's booksigning in Dallas. It would have been 2:00 in the morning had I stayed. Love your blog and pics!

Melissa  – (December 29, 2009 at 7:26 PM)  

Ha ha ha this is so funny because I just wrote a blog post about how much I love her cookbook and the chicken spaghetti recipe: http://www.duolynoted.com/2009/12/chicken-spaghetti-be-pioneer-women.html

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP