When my world is shaking.....

Heaven stands.

Well friends, it appears the lay off bug has hit my husbands office and he caught it. Friday the 22nd the Mr. went into his office thinking it was a regular work day and left at 3:30 with no job. Neither one of us were aware of any layoffs at his company so you can imagine we were both pretty shocked. To say the least! He had made it through last years layoffs so I guess it was time. They went from 20 employees to about 7 all in one day. Needless to say I don't see the company lasting too much longer. It's best he got out when he did. It's just hard to accept that right now.

I do feel like this is the best thing that could happen to him. He was kind of stuck in a position he didn't love and wanted more out of his job. That being said, it is still super hard and scary to go through. And for a guy, I can only imagine the stress he must feel.

I have to say that I am in awe of how God works and how at peace the two of us are about this. I think Friday we were both in shock. I was a mess. A MESS! But when I came home and hugged my wonderful husband I knew it was all going to be OK. I had this incredible feeling of security come over me - I can't even describe it. I feel like God has a wonderful plan for him and it will be a job that he has dreamed of! He worked with some great guys that have been more than willing to contact other companies and put in some amazing words for Aaron. My husband is one of the most dedicated workers I know, besides my dad, of course. He has such a great work ethic and it always amazed me at the hours and time he put into this company. I never felt like it was appreciated like it should have been, but he kept on working as if it didn't matter. He's extremely loyal!

That being said, the last couple of days have been tough. We went on a ski trip to Colorado, because, well that's what everyone does when they get laid off, right? It was planned and mostly paid for so we went and had a great time! I'd be lying though if I said the 'no job' thing wasn't in the back of my mind the whole trip. We got back this last Monday and it's all setting in now - we really do only have one income. It wasn't just a bad nightmare. I am doing my best to keep the faith and know that God knows what He's doing. But then I have days like today, when everything seems to go awry. Aaron gets discouraged because he hasn't heard back from companies, I get angry because I can't buy my favorite salad for lunch that I've missed oh so much and opt for a pb&j instead (I know, real problem right?) and thinking of all the things that need to be done now. All the while trying to keep a positive attitude and not allow myself to freak out. It's hard holding it together. Tension is definitely high. But the last thing I want to do is make Aaron upset or feel like this is all on him. We are a team - *Pectoral Powers! Remember sweetie?? ;) 

I hate not knowing what the future holds. I'd love to know our plan and know that this path we're on will lead us to wonderful things. Waiting is so hard; blind faith is tough. But I know we have to stick with it. God has never given up on us and I know He's not going to start now. We will make it through and it will only make us stronger, relationship wise and faith wise.

I do have to mention that my family and friends have been amazing through all this! My parents kept our pups for us while we were in CO and when we got back mom had bought a ton of groceries for us to take back home! I cried when I saw it, cried the whole way home from their house and then cried more when I unloaded it all to see how much stuff she had bought! She not only bought necessities for us, i.e. bread, milk, toilet paper, etc. but she also bought us luxuries like beer, cokes, all sorts of meats and breakfast food too! It's hard not to feel blessed when you have people like that in your lives! We are now set for a good 2 weeks at least! Love you momma! 


I promise to post something positive and upbeat next time! I have so many pictures from our ski trip that I can't wait to get downloaded and posted! Have a great week everyone and happy hump day!

*our highschool name we had for each other - he had pecs, and I had, well you know. 


Chelsea  – (February 3, 2010 at 1:33 PM)  

I will keep you and your husband in my thoughts! My boyfriend is under some hard times now too, and has been for the past year-ish. He has a job now but it's nowhere near where he wants to be in his life and it's really hard to keep it all together sometimes. Reading your point-of-view helped to remind me that everything will be ok!

Geezees Custom Canvas Art  – (February 3, 2010 at 1:34 PM)  

So sorry to hear about the layoff. Keep staying positive :)

You mom is so cute that she brought all those groceries for you guys...so sweet!

meredith  – (February 3, 2010 at 1:40 PM)  

thinking and praying lots for you and the hubby. you are so right and have the best outlook - God totally is in control. it's so easy to lose sight of that truth. keep keeping on... i know good things are in store for you two. in the meantime, lots and lots of hopeful prayers for a job! :)

Lauren  – (February 3, 2010 at 1:53 PM)  

Keep your chin up :)

Everything happens for a reason and Aaron will be back on his feet (with something even better) before you know it!

What would we do without our moms?!?

Megan  – (February 3, 2010 at 1:55 PM)  

I am so sorry to hear this news. I know it can be so scary, but you seem to have such a great attitude! How sweet of your momma to buy that food for you! Thinking of you during this time!

Allison  – (February 3, 2010 at 2:04 PM)  

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

Lindsey  – (February 3, 2010 at 2:11 PM)  

I'm so sorry to hear this friend. Please know you guys are in my thoughts and prayers!

The Rest is Still Unwritten  – (February 3, 2010 at 2:41 PM)  

Oh sweetie! I'm so sorry to hear this! We will definitely be praying for both of you!

What kind of work does he do? I'm not sure if I know anyone in his industry or not but I will definitely let you know if i do!

Sherrie  – (February 3, 2010 at 3:20 PM)  

I went through the same thing with my dh two weeks before I gave birth to my middle son. To say it was scary is an understatement. He was unemployed for three months (and I was on a six month maternity leave).

Looking back on it, it was the best thing (didn't seem like it at the time). My dh got a much better job. I believe in divine intervention and God has a plan. I will pray for you both. I am thinking of you and know you will be OK. Hugs!

Heather @ Simple Wives  – (February 3, 2010 at 4:03 PM)  

I hope it all works out in the end, that a better job for him comes yall's way soon!!

And what a sweet momma!!

Chic Runner  – (February 3, 2010 at 4:38 PM)  

Think of you guys! :( Sorry that happened, but I love the coors light in the back! ha ha :)

Alison  – (February 3, 2010 at 5:41 PM)  

Sorry that happened but I bet something even better is waiting just around the corner! And how sweet is your mom??? Love it! :)

d.a.r.  – (February 3, 2010 at 7:51 PM)  

Oh I am so sorry, but it sounds like you guys are taking an awesome approach to it! I hope there is something even more amazing waiting for him!

And oh my gosh, your mom is so fabulous!!

Pink Lace and Cupcakes  – (February 3, 2010 at 11:14 PM)  

I am so sorry:( I lost my job last June and it has been a serious journey, but from someone who has experienced all of it personally, My Husband and I are truly stronger because of it ( I know people always say that, but I am being completely honest). Let me know if I can help:)

MarisaOwen  – (February 3, 2010 at 11:26 PM)  

I am so sorry to read about Aaron's job! But girl, the Lord does take care of us in so many ways! My husband was out of a job and we were on one salary just until last week! Some months we didn't know where or how we were going to be able to pay rent or always had to check our account to see if we could go to the grocery store. But some how we always were able to pay rent and we never went hungry! God teaches us amazing things durning tough times! i'll be praying for yall!

Lucky in Love  – (February 4, 2010 at 9:54 AM)  

Oh no!! I'm so sorry to hear about this!! But I am confident that things will only get better for the two of you from having gone through this. Your attitude is amazing...and sure you'll have bad days...but you see the big picture :)

Thinking of you!

THE Stephanie  – (February 5, 2010 at 2:58 PM)  

Oh... I remember getting a call from my hubby almost a year ago now, and him telling me he had been let go. That is the scariest thing, but God was faithful and provided for us.

I'm sure He will provide the PERFECT opportunity for your hubby! (It is in our weakness that HE is made strong.)

KAC  – (February 7, 2010 at 9:28 PM)  

Omg I am so sorry to hear about that. Stay strong and sending lots of good thoughts your way xoxo

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP