Never want to "Leav the Beav"

Last week we were lucky enough to go on another ski trip with some fabulous friends of ours to Beaver Creek, Colorado. Lauren's dad has quite the hook up at the condo we stayed at and we were able to score a free stay out of the deal! We have gone skiing together a few times now and this was our first trip out of college. I have to say that my fear factor has climbed quite a bit since being out of school. I no longer am as easy going down the slopes! In fact, I'm quite terrified at times. There was a couple of times while sliding down the slopes doing what was coined the "electric (ski) slide" that I thought to myself "Why don't we take beach vacations together?!?!?" It didn't help that the first day we ended up going down a blue turned black slope and I watched Ryan, Lauren's husband take a pretty good fall. Nor did it help that poor BC hadn't seen much snow in a while therefore leaving icy slopes :( 

I pictured myself swooshing down the mountains like a professional snow bunny and well, that just didn't happen. But everyone else did awesome and we all had a complete blast! I love the village area. It is like something out of a movie! Absolutely incredible!! I feel so lucky that we have gotten to visit not once but twice! We also enjoyed several nights in the hot tub with a beverage after our long days of skiing. Perfect way to recover! 

And now I leave you with some pics. Several pics actually, of our wonderful vacay! Thanks again Rudy's for the invite!! It was a blast and we loved spending time with you guys

 
 
minivan time 
"montanas"
  
sweet drawings - Aaron's (on the left) an over-achiever. 
And that's all I'm saying about that.  
Ryno and Ski!!
BayBay and me
  
Derrick and Tyler    
 Big A in all his ski gear glory
Pit stop on the mountain!
last day so we had to get in our model shots....
when the man on the left blows his "ricola" horn, 
 the man on the right brings out delicious cookies! Awesome!
 
 
"leav the beav"

Head on over to Lauren's blog to check out her post too! And speaking of the oh so fab Lauren, she redesigned my blog for me!! I know you all noticed how it transformed from the shabbiness it was before to ultra chic!! She did so great and it took no time at all - well, I take that back, she worked her booty off doing it but she was so fast! I love love love it! I still have to add some stuff to my links above, but it's such an amazing start! I have an actual blog design now :) 

I also want to say a huge thank you to you all for the insanely sweet and thoughtful comments on my last post. It means the world to me to be able to come here and lay it all out to you all and get such great support! You all are amazing!

Lauren  – (February 8, 2010 at 8:42 PM)  

Love the post! Just for the record, I thought you were a super cute ski bunny even if you weren't "swooshing" down the mountain like you had imagined :)

It was such a great trip and I loved our nightly PD's, champagne in the hot tub, afternoon cookies and dancing around the room in our turbies!

Oh, and thanks for the blog shoutout. I'm looking forward to learning more and making our blogs look oh so fabulous!

Tara Gibson  – (February 9, 2010 at 10:59 AM)  

what fun pics! looks like yall had a blast!

Annie  – (February 9, 2010 at 3:28 PM)  

cute pictures!!
you are beautiful lady!
looks like ya'll had a fun trip!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP