I love the shark

This last Sunday, the hubs and I went on a little shopping extravaganza. I know, I know, saving money is our new mantra for 2010. But I had several gift cards burning wholes all in my wallet so it was like shopping without spending, right? Right. Except for the $75 I went over on at Target, but we won't go there.  I keep hearing all sorts of good reviews about the Shark steamer. Whether it be the mop or the portable steamer, it's been all good! I needed a little kick in the tail to get me motivated to clean and I figured this just might be the answer. Oh boy! It was the answer all right. 

We got home and I wanted to take it out of the box immediately but I forgot that I had to do one little thing first. Take down ALL my Christmas decor. You heard that right. We were 10 days into January and it was all still up. Pathetic! So I conquered that task and then had to vacuum which took about an hour. Since we got that stinking cute little sausage Chester (our Golden) I have noticed a TON of hair everywhere. We literally vacuum every other day. It's sick. And have I mentioned that our vacuum sucks??? And not in the good way that it should. The sucker clogs every 2 minutes. Meaning I have to clean out the vacuum nozzle thing where a small clump of hair lies and then start again. So that took half my afternoon. Then I remembered that I had to get in a 5 miler. Seeing as my race - my first half marathon - is NEXT SUNDAY!! The whole time running, I'm dreaming up all of the places I can clean in our house with my fancy schmancy steamer :)

I get back and finally am able to dig into my goodies. Just as I thought, this thing is like magic. I cleaned my stove, microwave, trash can and fridge (all stainless) and my granite! Wow. I love this thing. I kept asking Aaron "what should I clean next??" It was too fun to put down. So I went on into the living room. The thing dusts/steams too!!! I cleaned our leather chair and couch and then dusted all of our wood with it! OH MY WORD. I think I'm in love! And there's a shower attachment that will clean your grout too!! Do you know that I spend an hour + every 2 weeks cleaning our disgusting shower grout and tile??? You probably didn't, but you do now. Aaron thinks it's ridiculous, but this is the place you are supposed to go to get clean! I don't want to see mildew and mold! So I thought I was done, but I ventured into our bathroom and cleaned off our marble and sink area! Ahhhh! So fresh and so clean, clean! And no harsh chemicals - HA I sound like an infomercial. I do have to admit that when I was cleaning Aaron's sink I picked up his soap dispenser and the boy hadn't screwed the top back on after he refilled with soap so the jar drops out of my hand and took a huge chunk out of the marble around his sink!!!!!!!!! That sucked. But he didn't yell and I didn't yell so I think we're still good?



SO long story short, well kinda, go out and buy the Shark Portable Steamer!!

I also picked up another item that I plan on reviewing for you this week: Target brand whitening trays. I am on day 2 and so far so good. I have been taking pics of my teeth, but I'm not sure you will be able to tell a difference. I definitely have but it's hard to see on camera! I'm hoping for shiny white teeth on race day! Gotta smile pretty for the cameras :)


Confessions Of A Domestic Goddess  – (January 11, 2010 at 9:56 PM)  

The shark steamer sounds amazing! MDH and I are huge fans of the shark products, I might have to add this to our collection!


xoxo!

The Waspy Redhead  – (January 11, 2010 at 11:44 PM)  

This cracks me up! I wish I could get that excited about cleaning. Maybe I just need the shark?

Lauren  – (January 12, 2010 at 8:35 AM)  

Since you love tihs product so much you are more than welcome to come over and use it at my house! I've actually never heard of the Shark. Googling right now :)

Haha can't wait to see your whitening review and your teeth pics.

Yay for our first half! 5 more days!!

Sole Matters  – (January 12, 2010 at 9:58 AM)  

Good luck with your first half marathon!! That steamer sounds amazing. I happen to love to clean, because Im weird like that. Maybe I need this!!

Annie  – (January 12, 2010 at 11:15 AM)  

i've never heard of a shark either and now i want one!! i love cleaning!!
best of luck with the marathon!! :)

Lucky in Love  – (January 12, 2010 at 11:43 AM)  

What a great product! I am totally looking into that!

And let us know about those whitening trays!

I cannot believe it is almost time for you to run your race!!! That time flew by!! Wishing you lots of luck :)

Unknown  – (January 12, 2010 at 2:07 PM)  

I kept seeing it and wondering if I should pick it up before Baby H.I.T. is born, I think I found my answer...

meredith  – (January 26, 2010 at 6:45 PM)  

i'm glad you wrote about the shark because i've really been wanting to get one!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP