Christmas Fun

Can you believe how fast Christmas came and left us?? I have to admit I'm a little sad that it is all over. It was such a whirlwind leading up to it with shopping, decorating, cleaning, shopping, and more shopping! I have so many pictures so I hope I don't bore you all. If I even have any readers left...I was informed by Lauren last week that I only posted twice in the month of December!! I used to post twice in one week if not more. What is wrong with me??? I need to regain my zest. I will try harder now that we are in a new year :)

We had an awesome Christmas this year, once again. I feel like as I get older every Christmas has a little more meaning to it. It's not about what I'm getting or how much, it's about who I'm spending time with. It's about realizing more and more the true meaning of Christmas. The gifts that come along are just an added bonus. :)

Aaron and I went to one of the 13+ Christmas eve services our church was having. They started on Tuesday afternoon and continued on until Thursday night. I'm not sure how my pastor and his wife did it but it was amazing nonetheless. I don't think I say this enough, but I love our church! We both feel like we have found our perfect church home and I thought it would take many months, if not years of looking. Aaron told me the other night that he feels like our church is one of the main reasons God put us out in the "burbs". I completely agree and never really thought of it that way! I snapped some pics of our service to let you all have a little peak into our church. It was such an amazing production I had to get some shots! These first shots are our from our first attempt to go to Wednesday night church. We got all dressed, headed out the door and ran into some major traffic. So instead of being 30 minutes late we turned around and decided to go on Thursday. I also changed up my outfit the next night and it was really cute so I'm bummed I didn't get any shots of the two of us! Oh well..




One of the huge Christmas trees along with some snow they had brought in. There was also a life nativity but I didn't get any pics of that.

Snow falling inside and an amazing drum show! And these were kids on the drums too. They did awesome!

We were lucky enough to have Avalon (Christian singing group) join our church so our music is pretty amazing! I love our singing group.

Our pastor was doing a hand painting of Jesus while his son came up and talked to us. It was such a great finished product!  

We went ahead and opened presents Christmas eve morning since we had decided to spend the night at my parents house. We thought it would be fun to have our own little celebration together.  I have to say, Chester was pretty excited about his present! I've never seen a dog unwrap a gift so fast! He got a rubber tire from Old Navy and Daisy got a pink rubber bone. She was not nearly as amused with the "unwrapping the present" part.

          

We then made our way to my parents house where my mom had a feast going! She made chili relleno enchilladas - oh my goodness they were good. And as our appetizer, she made a delicious thick queso (I know it's called something fancier than that but I can't think of it right now!) that you put in warm flour tortillas. Talk about mouth watering! YUM!


My dad received one of his gifts that night. My mom got him the Nikon D3000 with both lens'! He was super excited. We are both photography nerds so we took a pic of each other taking a pic. Looking good pops! :)


Christmas morning! I think I was up before my little sis! I was pretty pumped to get the presents going. It's getting more fun to watch other people open their gifts! I love the reactions.



Momma had more delicous food for us Christmas morning. A breakfast casserole and coffee cake. Now you can see why I might have put on a few lbs over the last few days!


I had to show one of my favorite gifts my mom received from my dad! Is that not beautiful? I am in love! My dad always gives the sweetest gifts. He called me a few weeks ago and left me a message about wanting to get my mom some David Yurman. I swear I was just as excited for her as I would have been if it were for me!! I love helping him pick out gifts and I think he did a great job on this one!


Aaron and I before heading to celebrate with his family. I love Christmas and feel very fortunate that both families live within 10 minutes of each other, but it also makes for a VERY hectic day of going back and forth. We had breakfast and presents with my family Christmas morning, then went to A's family around noon, had lunch at 3, opened presents with them and then headed back to my parents to have Christmas dinner at 6. It was a long day filled with a lot of food! It is nice being able to see each family on Christmas though!


And last but not least, here is our Christmas card! It's not my favorite but I wanted to find some way to incorporate the pups in our card and they were not very cooperative when we went to have Lauren take our pictures - That is another post I missed getting out!


I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and had a good time welcoming in the new year! 2009 was great and I can only imagine what 2010 has in store for us!


Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.)  – (January 3, 2010 at 3:41 PM)  

Great pics. I LOVE DY. My fav jewelry designer.

Megan  – (January 3, 2010 at 3:51 PM)  

Sounds like you had a great Christmas!! What church do you go to? My friend is moving to Houston this month and has been looking for a church there.

Tami  – (January 3, 2010 at 3:56 PM)  

Such a fabulous Christmas post, it truly sounds as though you had a marvelous festive season!

Your Christmas card is gorgeous!

Happy New Year, may the year ahead be filled with love, joy and much happiness!

Tara Gibson  – (January 3, 2010 at 4:20 PM)  

looks and sounds like you had a great christmas!! what a gorgeous necklace!

Lauren  – (January 3, 2010 at 5:39 PM)  

Yay, I'm glad you finally posted!! Cute pics and I loved getting together last night. Hard to believe the Holidays are over. Now it's time to gear up for the big race!

Anonymous –   – (January 3, 2010 at 6:49 PM)  

What a great Christmas! Love the pics...your beautiful! Hope your having a great day! xoxo

Perfectly Imperfect  – (January 3, 2010 at 7:49 PM)  

looks like a great christmas! and such a cute christmas card!

Naturally Caffeinated Family  – (January 3, 2010 at 8:44 PM)  

sounded like a great Christmas! You look gorgeous in all your pics! where is your outfit from in the pic before your Christmas card (which is very cute too)? love it!

Kirsten Blowers  – (January 3, 2010 at 9:32 PM)  

Looove the christmas card! Y'all are too fun!
Hope you're having a great start to the new year!

Sherrie  – (January 3, 2010 at 11:28 PM)  

Great photos. I am glad you found a church that makes you comfortable. That is so important.

Chic Runner  – (January 4, 2010 at 11:24 AM)  

The pictures are so cute and you look great! I am looking for a church right now too and I know the feeling, glad you found one that you like a lot. Happy New Year!

Milltini  – (January 4, 2010 at 4:47 PM)  

I cannot believe how fast Christmas came and went! Love that purple shirt--great color on you. Happy New Year!

Tess  – (January 11, 2010 at 9:59 AM)  

Seems like a great Christmas. I adore your Christmas card - great pictures on it!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP