Gym, Tan, Laundry...or just Laundry (pups pics!)

Update: Prints below are from Etsy sellers K9ArtGallery and DogArtStudio. Love!


For a while now I have been wanting to add a little something to our laundry room. I figure it's the cheapest room to update for the time being. I don't know if that's how it will end up but that is the plan! I wanted a room in our house to be bright and cheery. And I think my little laundry room is probably the only room I could make bright and cheery without Aaron thinking I'm trying to "girlify" our house too much! 

So my first step to this process was to search for some fun and unique art prints of our dogs. I turned to my old faithful for this task: Etsy. You can pretty much find whatever you are looking for there! I immediately began searching "white Labradoodle prints" and "golden retriever prints". Lo and behold I found 2 perfect matches! I put them in my basket, checked out and the rest is history. 

I got them a few days later and fell in love! They were so perfect. Next was the task of finding the perfect frame. Now, I'm still doing this on the cheap so I was going to have to do a little searching. I wasn't about to take these prints that were all of $12.50 each and pay in the upper $100's for frames! So after church last Sunday, the hubs and I went to Garden Ridge. After searching all 4 aisles up and down and again we finally found 2 frames that matched! Do you know how hard it is to find two matching frames on 4 aisles of mismatched frames thrown everywhere?? Gotta give it to my hubs, he was a trooper the whole time! He was slinging frames left and right! Of course, the one frame I liked was the one that was the hardest to find. 

Ahhh well, it paid off! Each frame was $14.99. The total of this little project was under $60 for both prints and frames. Not too bad! 

And now for the final project!!!! 


Next step will be picking a color for the walls, thinking a light acqua blue or a yellow.  Maybe  even orange? I think we'll have several options painted in little squares on our walls! That is our project for the next weekend or two. The final touch will be to add cabinets above our washer and dryer.  I've seen them pre-built at Lowe's and Home Depot. Super easy and not too expensive either! 

It's funny because I had chosen this as my Summer project and the Summer is at an end and here I am just beginning... I guess we will shoot for mid Fall?

Kirsten Blowers  – (August 23, 2010 at 10:32 PM)  

OOOO!! I love those prints!! What shop on Etsy did you find these little puppies? Nice job, Nicole!

Lauren  – (August 24, 2010 at 7:27 AM)  

LOVE the pics!! I think a light yellow would look great!

Dollface  – (August 24, 2010 at 8:10 AM)  

I want a girly room in my house, but our apt is tiny and J refuses to make anything girly, haha... but i love your puppy prints!! all you are missing is a pug :) xxooo

Lindsey  – (August 24, 2010 at 8:38 AM)  

Love the pictures friend!! Love light yellow!

Christy  – (August 24, 2010 at 8:59 AM)  

Looks great - etsy is awesome for great finds like those prints!

You know, I have never even given a thought to decorating the laundry room, but now I really want to. Ours is just so blah. Thanks for the inspiration!

Brittany  – (August 24, 2010 at 9:51 AM)  

SO cute! love the frames and the prints!!

Miss Chelsea  – (August 24, 2010 at 10:08 AM)  

Yea, I wanna know which Etsy seller they came from! They're super cute

THE Stephanie  – (August 24, 2010 at 11:14 AM)  

Super cute! I really itching to work on my laundry room, too, but it's SO SMALL. :(

LauraAnn  – (August 24, 2010 at 2:43 PM)  

I LOVE the prints! So adorable! If you don't mind me asking, which Etsy vendor did you find these from?

If any room needs to be bright and cheery it is the laundry room. I don't know about you, but I despise laundry so if I at least love how my laundry room looks it might make it better! lol Can't wait to see what color you pick for your laundry room!

Perfectly Imperfect  – (August 24, 2010 at 8:20 PM)  

very cute! i want to redo our laundry room as well, but honestly have no idea where to start.

Rachel  – (August 24, 2010 at 8:38 PM)  

Love the prints!! Hope you are doing well!!

Unknown  – (August 25, 2010 at 3:55 PM)  

What an adorable idea! I love the prints over the bowls :)

ashley  – (August 25, 2010 at 11:26 PM)  

these are soo soo great! i want something like this for our little doggies.. they need to be represented in the house art too :)

Lauren  – (September 21, 2010 at 11:59 AM)  

I miss your blog posts. Please come back soon. That's all.

-Skeeter

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP