The Name Game

I hate to admit this but I have had the worst time figuring out how to log into my blog now that I no longer have a blogger blog. You see, when Lauren gave me a makeover; which I love by the way and am so glad to have a friend that will tell me "you're blog is lame and needs a face-lift ASAP."; but it took away the sweet sign in tool at the top of the page. Now I have to go to google homepage. Click on the "more" tab, then click the "even more" tab and finally arrive at the "blogger" button. It's exhausting, really. I guess I could say that's the reason I've been such a slacker in blogging?? But truth be told I am just really lazy and life hasn't been all that exciting lately.
  
So the other day when I was trying to find my blog, I typed in a url that I thought was mine. When the page loaded I noticed that it was in fact totally not mine. But same name. Obviously the url wasn't the same but all it lacked was the "www." business so it was basically the SAME. I thought for a second my blog designer Lauren was playing a mean trick on me. To which I immediately Gchatted her and was all "what the heck did you do to my blog, Ski!" She of course had no clue what I was talking about. I explained to her what I had come across and she laughed! Now, I'm not one to be all whiney and "someone stole my blog name" bularki. Because, let's be honest, my name isn't that original and if were really being for reals with each other, most aren't. I started my blog on a whim. I needed an outlet since my husband was always on this weak Texas ATM website, which is basically a blogging website for boys. Pretty sure he would just love that I've referred to it as a "blogging site for boys"! 

So I didn't really give myself a lot of time to come up with a catchy name. I talked myself into blogging on a Friday night and then early Saturday morning I did my first post. Moral of the story: Don't pick a blogging name on a Friday night after a couple glasses of wine or you'll wind up in my position today. 

Which is 
 
I need a new name!

I'm extremely confused and not sure how to go about doing this. Here's the deal. I'm in that transitioning phase. Ya know, the one where you've been married for over 2 years so you're not a newly newly wed, you've already moved into a new house and aren't going anywhere for a good 15 years, you've grabbed up a couple of dogs, one being a doodle and one's a golden, and the babies aren't going to start popping out for a while. A long while at this point. Sads. So where does that put me? I'm not really a newly wed. And I'm not a momma. So no names can come from that. See, this is tough stuff people! It looks like I've got some thinking to do.

Any and all help is appreciated. I'm pretty sure my dad would chime in with Punky Brewster which was my nickname growing up. I pretty much was PB. Loved her hair. Her style of clothes and the way she mismatched her sneakers. My poor poor parents. And look! She has a golden too! Maybe it's meant to be....


 

THE Stephanie  – (June 3, 2010 at 2:26 PM)  

You still have a Blogger blog, she just removed the menu bar from the top. If you go to blogger.com (and bookmark it), that will get you straight to the login page. :)

Hope that helps!

Oh, and also, the best way to change your blog URL is to purchase a .com. You can do this by going to your settings tab, the clicking on publishing. If you change your blogspot.com url, you will lose some of your content (blogroll and possibly your followers). If you just purchase a .com (it's only $10/yr) anyone who goes to your blogspot.com url will be automatically redirected to the new .com.

I hope I haven't totally confused you, but if so, just shoot me an email. I'm happy to help. :)

Amy Lynn  – (June 4, 2010 at 10:42 AM)  

lol... I've always been compared to Punky too! And still am! It's the only celebrity I've ever been told I look like. Even though I'm 25, apparently I still resemble the Punky pictured above :-/

Lauren  – (June 4, 2010 at 1:21 PM)  

Haha. I can't believe you went through all of those steps each time to log in to your blog! Dork :)

hmm so you want a new name. I kinda like brown eyed girl but I'm sure we can come up with something else. What about Nicky T and her gang in SprAng?!? Kinda catchy :)

Day Old News  – (July 7, 2010 at 7:55 PM)  

Oh how I love Punky Power! Good luck picking a new name!

Lauren  – (August 2, 2010 at 9:09 PM)  

You alive?? Ok, just checking :)

preppy little dress AKA "PLD"  – (August 3, 2010 at 8:54 AM)  

You'll come up with something! Good luck! Punky Brewster, loved that show!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP