Secret Ingredients

As I was planning my wedding, which seems like so long ago, I ran across this Secret Ingredients site. I love cooking and I love the idea of having family recipes that have been passed down. There's something so sweet about looking at a recipe that your great grandmother hand wrote. I wanted so badly for someone, i.e. my mom :), to create one of the wedding designs and surprise me with it as a gift! Well the wedding kind of snuck up on us and there were so many other pressing issues on our minds that it was never done. I just stumbled upon this site again and I wanted to share it with you all! I am bound and determined to load up all of my favorite recipes in one of these babies! They also give you several pages to add in your favorite pics. What a cute idea! I love the heirloom cookbook, but it's a little pricey. Maybe something to go on my Christmas list??


Since we are on the subject of cooking, I thought I would share with you all a little obsession of mine, Mrs. Paula Deen! Now, I don't know about y'all (here comes the accent!), but I can't get enough of this woman. I love her accent, her hair, and the way she says "butta!" I secretly want to adopt her as my third grandmother! Do you think that would be a problem? I have been trying to get Aaron to look for jobs in Savannah in hopes that I may get a chance to meet her in passing!






Love and best dishes, from my kitchen to yours - Love it!

Mojito Maven  – (October 7, 2008 at 12:54 PM)  

now I do like Paula Deen, but I hate to say it...she's no Giada :)

Blue-Eyed Bride  – (October 7, 2008 at 1:05 PM)  

my grandmother said "butta", "sugah," and "watah."

paula has some amazing recipes. i want to do a big family cookbook for christmas this year.

Momma  – (October 8, 2008 at 10:03 AM)  

Okay, Nicole....now I'm going to need therapy for being the bad Mom that didn't make you that cookbook! I'll try to get one together for a Christmas present but I didn't say what year!!

Working Girl Two  – (October 8, 2008 at 7:57 PM)  

WG1 loves on paula dean so i have watched a lot of her shows. wow i have a huge craving for corn bread right now!

Lexy  – (October 8, 2008 at 8:27 PM)  

What a great blog. I too love Paula Dean. I'm bad enough that I DVR her so I won't miss anything. I even go back and rewatch favorites (don't laugh it's really nice to watch and pause and rewind while I'm attempting to copy her recipes!)

Anonymous –   – (October 9, 2008 at 12:05 PM)  

I can't wait to check out the website for the cookbook! I was delighted to see your name on my followers list just now!! I'm so glad you found me! I'm officially a "follower" of yours.

Unknown  – (October 24, 2008 at 6:25 PM)  

Great blog, Nicole! Thanks for mentioning my site. We would love to help you with a cookbook!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP